Greenlight: i giochi della sesta tornata

Started by BrunoB, 17 April 2013, 23:08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

BrunoB

Hola, ho scritto 'sto post per Indie Vault, ma lo riporto pure qui! È un semplice copiaincolla del comunicato ufficiale sul blog di Steam, ma con in più le immagini di ciascun gioco/titolo, hopla!

QuoteWe're excited to announce the sixth set of games and software titles to advance through Steam Greenlight, and be offered worldwide distribution via Steam. With weeks of busy voters and exciting new games hitting Greenlight, this batch is comprised of 20 items in total--18 games and two software titles--bringing the total to over 90 titles Greenlit since Steam Greenlight launched in August of last year.

The latest software titles:
PlayClaw - This game recorder got votes for its gaming optimization and utilization of multi-core processors for HD video capture.

GamePlan - This real-time strategy software caught the attention of strategy gamers as a way to help plan strategy and tactics for their favorite team-based online games.

The latest games:
Agarest: Generations of War - This Japanese role-playing strategy game quickly shot up the charts and will now add to the small but growing number of Japanese RPGs on Steam.

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures - Angry Video Game Nerd has built up a huge following on YouTube. That popularity appears to have translated into raging success in Greenlight with the game that bears his name rocketing to the top in only 9 days.

Battle Worlds: Kronos - This richly-colored turn-based strategy game blew through its Kickstarter goal and jumped quickly up the Greenlight charts with votes of excited strategy fans.

City of Steam - This free-to-play action RPG received a lot of visibility and votes from their beta at the beginning of the year, and now look forward to running another beta soon.

Cradle - This first-person adventure game caught the attention of Greenlight voters with its beautiful graphics, unique atmosphere, and compelling soundtrack.

Dead State - In less than a month, this survival RPG has jumped up the charts with enthusiastic support. Plus, the game blew past their Kickstarter goal in the summer of last year, securing an incredible 10,096 backers.

Dead Trigger - This popular free-to-play zombie survival game found great success on android, and has since seen updated graphics as the developers set their sights on Steam for PC and Mac.

Death Inc. - This beautiful and elegant strategy game has garnered a lot of positive press and votes with its unique art style and innovative gameplay.

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey - The community clearly wants more from the popular Dreamfall series and quickly up-voted this game.

Elsword - This free-to-play, action RPG uses classic side-scrolling beat 'em up gameplay mechanics and has captured the votes of existing fans and potential new customers alike.

Faceless - This cooperative and non-violent free-to-play survival horror mod for Half-Life 2 received overwhelming support from the community.

Frozen Endzone - The developers of Frozen Synapse bring the strategic depth of their first game into a new, original and innovative tactical future sports game, capturing the votes of fans and potential customers along the way.

Hammerwatch - This pixely hack-and-slash adventure game caught the attention of voters with their cooperative gameplay, character building, and modding support.

Legend of Dungeon - This colorful dungeon crawler has gained a lot of votes as well as critical acclaim from the gaming press.

Pinball Arcade - Fans of Pinball Arcade have been enthusiastic and vocal, leading to a solid base of support and interest from the community.

Planet Explorers - Currently in alpha, this ambitious open world RPG caught the attention of voters with its ability for users create new content and change the terrain.

Rush Bros. - This competitive platforming game caught the attention of voters and the gaming press with its innovative premise and integration with users' music library.

Shovel Knight - This action adventure game has been sweeping the Greenlight charts with a style reminiscent of platformer adventure classics. After blowing through their ambitious Kickstarter goal, the developers set higher and higher stretch goals, securing an incredible 14,749 backers.

As with past batches, these titles will be released independently in the months ahead, as they complete development and integrate with any of the Steamworks features they are interested in utilizing. Some will undoubtedly launch with Steam Early Access, while others are ready to launch in full soon.

Steam Greenlight is a new platform feature that enlists the community's help in selecting some of the next games to be released on Steam. Launched on August 30, 2012, Greenlight allows developers and publishers to post information and media about their game in an effort to convince Community members that their game should be released on Steam.

For more information and to see all Greenlit titles, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight

The Benso

Sarò anche un mortale, ma non sarò mai comune

littlexaus

BrunoB

Hammerwatch è un Gauntlet multiplayer online, potenzialmente è il gioco definitivo. Poi pure tra gli altri ce ne sono di interessanti (almeno a vedere gli screen!).

The Benso

Però io non capisco una cosa: che ci stanno a fare dei giochi che sono ancora in fase di sviluppo? death inc. e il nuovo dreamfall mi pare che siano ancora poco più che prototipi.

Gia i tempi di greenlight sono biblici, con 1500 giochi presentati ma solo 55 approvati e 28 rilasciati. Poi si mettono pure gli sviluppatori che fanno votare giochi di cui si conoscono solo gli artwork. Per me rimane, allo stato attuale, un fallimento su tutta la linea.

BrunoB

Tra un po' dovrebbe partire Early Access, una sezione di Steam dove si potranno comprare titoli in beta, e poi riceverne tutti gli aggiornamenti man mano che lo sviluppo va avanti (stile Minecraft insomma).

Lo cita pure alla fine del post sul blog, probabilmente è per questo che si approvano con più facilità titoli incompleti... alla fine cmq a Valve basta che arrivino i soldi.

Becksoft

Spero che facciano qualcosa per migliorare questo servizio, è troppo lento!
Seguimi sul mio Canale Twitch per vedere i Cazzeggi giornalieri.

The Benso

Quote from: BrunoB on 17 April 2013, 23:31:30
Tra un po' dovrebbe partire Early Access, una sezione di Steam dove si potranno comprare titoli in beta, e poi riceverne tutti gli aggiornamenti man mano che lo sviluppo va avanti (stile Minecraft insomma).

Lo cita pure alla fine del post sul blog, probabilmente è per questo che si approvano con più facilità titoli incompleti... alla fine cmq a Valve basta che arrivino i soldi.

Va be', a valve gli arrivano lo stesso i soldi, in un modo a nell'altro. Non c'era bisogno mi mettere in piedi questa farsa della scelta popolardemocratica

BrunoB

La direzione che hanno intrapreso sembra chiaramente quella di far lavorare gli altri per loro: anche tutta la storia degli store personalizzati punta in quella direzione...

Con questo non voglio dire che a me personalmente dispiaccia, anzi... se c'è più varietà tanto meglio!

The Benso

Ma perchè? prima di greenlight non c'era varietà su steam?

Se lasciassero tutta la scelta a gli utenti, a farne maggiormente le spese sarebbe proprio la varietà, con un'invasione di fps ed mmo

BrunoB

Non è solo libertà agli utenti, è anche (e forse soprattutto) una spinta ai dev a farsi pubblicità da sé (tutta pubblicità che cmq poi va a favorire anche, ovviamente, Valve).

ViewtifulMax

Quote from: BrunoB on 17 April 2013, 23:08:12

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures - Angry Video Game Nerd has built up a huge following on YouTube. That popularity appears to have translated into raging success in Greenlight with the game that bears his name rocketing to the top in only 9 days.

Evvai, questo lo aspettavo parecchio, speriamo sia un po' meno cagata del gioco di Screwattack per iOS e Android.

Kebabaek

Quote from: ViewtifulMax on 18 April 2013, 16:33:04

Evvai, questo lo aspettavo parecchio, speriamo sia un po' meno cagata del gioco di Screwattack per iOS e Android.

Mah. al'inizio pure io ero gasato, ma a vedere il gameplay 'sto gioco mi pare piuttosto scialbo. Mi aspettavo che i nemici fossero presi dalle puntate dello show, invece sono tutte "generiche" citazioni da altri giochi, che hanno un po' stufato secondo me...
Conan, what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
That is good.

ViewtifulMax

Quote from: Kebabaek on 19 April 2013, 10:38:02
Quote from: ViewtifulMax on 18 April 2013, 16:33:04

Mah. al'inizio pure io ero gasato, ma a vedere il gameplay 'sto gioco mi pare piuttosto scialbo. Mi aspettavo che i nemici fossero presi dalle puntate dello show, invece sono tutte "generiche" citazioni da altri giochi, che hanno un po' stufato secondo me...
Credo che ci sarebbero stati grossi problemi di diritti, alla fine tanti sono giochi bene o male famosi. Pensa solo ai vari Terminator o Superman.

Becksoft

Ma In verbis virtus gli fa schifo a quelli della Valve?  :(
Seguimi sul mio Canale Twitch per vedere i Cazzeggi giornalieri.