Andrew House: Sony punta molto sulle nuove IP

Started by BrunoB, 23 December 2013, 09:28:59

Previous topic - Next topic

BrunoB

Andrew House, CEO di Sony Computer Entertainment International, ha detto che Sony vuole davvero tanto introdurre e promuovere nuove IP con le sue piattaforme, in un'intervista a MCV:

QuoteThere's a lot of promising new IP next year, such as Watch Dogs and Destiny. But right now it's the same old faces. Does that do a disservice to PS4 do you think?

That's a fair comment. In terms of sheer breadth and depth, we are in a better shape in terms of third party support for this console launch than certainly any I've ever launched. And I do think that the early consumer is going to buy in if they sense that there is a roadmap of great content that is going to come down the pipe, and you have cited some of those games that have been announced, which are also brand new IP, which I think is critically important.

We are more committed to new IP establishment and delivery than most other platform holders out there. The other thing as well is that to talk about the launch line-up is one thing, but you also have to balance that with what the experience is going to be from system-level features. The most encouraging sign that I have seen from the US launch is not just around the numbers, it's the fact that a large amount of people are actively engaged with almost every single feature that has been available from day one. I think that is where some of this excitement is coming from. It's what you can do around those games,   as much as the gameplay experiences themselves.

Peccato che la maggior parte delle nuove IP di PS4 saranno titoli di terze parti (Destiny, Watch Dogs...) che usciranno anche su Xbox One... secondo me House ha voluto giusto lanciare una frecciatina a Microsoft che ha "riproposto" Dead Rising e Killer Instinct su One, certo però se l'alternativa è Knack...

Fonte:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/442881/sony-more-committed-to-new-ip-than-other-platform-holders/